Thursday, February 5, 2009

<3

I really love Magneta Lane so much.  Despite my status as a RAGING feminist (you heard!) , I like them for reasons other than being an all-girl band.  The lead singer Lexi has some of the most amazing vocals I've heard in awhile.  Not to mention these girls can actually play their instruments. Unfortunately what I have found while frequenting small local shows is that girls in the band are often a gimmick.  It honestly makes me really sad.  There are so many talented women out there, and this is the outcome.. mediocre voices and half-assed  "keyboardists."  So obviously, finding this band of talented musicians was a nice change.  I want them to become really popular (more so than they are now) so the Toronto mainstream music scene can stop being so obsessed with Emily Haines. She's talented yes, but her solo album was so incredibly boring.       
I guess the fact that they are super foxy doesn't hurt. 


Photo courtesy of Magneta Lane myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment